Tax Free shopping
Norway is outside the EU, meaning that all Passengers living outside the Nordic can buy Tax Free when they are visiting Norway. Global Blue Tax Free has experienced that many Passengers are struggling with filling out the Tax Free forms they get after making the purchases. To reduce this problem, Global Blue has made a purchase card for FREE for all people travelling. This card fill inn all information that has to be at the form. We hope you can send this information to your travelers when they have purchased a ticket for the cruise. Note; it can take up to 2 weeks to get the traveler card, so this info has to follow the order when the traveler has made the purchase.
Tax Free shopping in Norway
With the Global Blues Tax Free service you can save money on your shopping – simply look for the Tax Free logo and save up to 19% on you purchases!
More than 4.000 shops in Norway offers the Global Blue Tax Free service, so always remember to ask for a Tax Free form.
How to shop Tax Free in Norway:
- Spend more than 315NOK (approx. €40) in one store and ask for a Tax Free form
- You have to be resident outside Norway, Sweden, Finland or Denmark to be eligible
How to get your tax refund:
- Get your tax refund at the last Norwegian port. A Global Blue representative comes onboard approx.. 1-2 hours before departure. In Oslo you will get your tax refund inside Oslo Cruise terminal if the cruiseship is docked at Søndre Akershuskai.
- You have to present your Tax Free forms, passport/ID card and goods to get your tax refund.
- Remember to bring all your Tax Free forms, also from other Norwegian cities where you shopped Tax Free goods.
Tired of filling in all your Tax Free forms by hand?
Register for the new The Global Blue Card
The new Global Blue card makes Tax Free shopping easier – with a Global Blue Card you can save up to 19% when you shop abroad without the hassle of filling in Tax Free forms by hand. With a swipe of your card in the shop all your details will automatically be filled out on your Tax Free forms.
The Global Blue Card will be sent to your home address approx. two weeks after registration.
For more information about Tax Free shopping in Norway, please visit Global Blues webpage
Or contact Global Blue Norway at
New manager takes on marketing at Port of Oslo
Anette Braekke is to head up a recently restructured marketing department at the Port of Oslo from June 1, when current cruise marketing manager Margrethe Austad steps down after 18 years to pursue new opportunities.
Austad reflects on cruise growth, challenges at Port of Oslo
During 18 years at the Port of Oslo, Margrethe Austad has helped foster tremendous cruise growth and development. Her proudest accomplishment as cruise marketing manager has been raising awareness of the Norwegian capital; Oslo is now one of the key cruise destinations in northern Europe.